Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I know its been forever!

Ok, so I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to post a new entry. What can I say? I am lazy. I have been sick off and on with bronchitis and now a tummy bug. It has been no fun.

Lot's of exciting things have happened since I posted last. Biker and I and some friends went to Red River to go skiing, even though I don't ski. Biker had a fabulous time swishing up and down the slopes. I got to sled. We couldn't figure out how to get my flash to work on the camera. But I was sledding one time buy a big-o-sign that said "ABSOLUTELY NO SLEDDING". What can I say, I am a rebel.

Then I cut my hair. I know I know I know. Please no one freak out. It wasn't that much. Well, to me it seemed like a ton, but it was really only like 4-6 inches. I got it layered and some swooshy bangs. Not real bangs, but not like before. Oh heck just look at the picture.
This is right before I cut my hair.

This is all of the hair that got cut off.
This is my hair now. Isn't it fabulous??? It feels so much lighter. And it is way easier to take care of. I mean, I know that I didn't chop it all off or anything, but I really like it.

State has been to one of my homes again. I have to tell you that was a blast. ~rolls her eyes~

Then things took a little bit of a turn. Biker lost his job on the 12th of March. It is really sad. There are good things that are coming out if this situation though. He will finally be out of Pampa (eventually-which is something I really never thought would happen). So he has been on the hunt for a new job. He tried his hand at burlesque dancing, but it just didn't work out.

He has met many fabulous people on his quest for a new career. My favorite person that he has encountered thus far is a man he sat next to at unemployment orientation. This man had probably not had a bath since running water was invented and I kid you not...was wearing a salmon pink tuxedo shirt. ~blink blink~ Seriously. This man we will call him Mr. Fishman, not only because of the super fancy shirt he was wearing but also because he smelled like one. Did I mention that is was like 89 degrees on this day, and the air conditioner at the unemployment center does not work???

Mr. Fishman, who I unfortunately do not have a picture of, wanted to befriend my dear Biker. Mr. Fishman searches the room for the perfect spot to hear the lecture that is about to begin...luckily there is a seat right next to Biker. So Mr. Fishman sits down, and precedes to tell Biker that it isn't his fault that he is unemployed. Apparently Mr. Fishman got into a physical altercation with another "gentleman" at the City of Wind and Dust, and since the other "gentleman" had 30+ years with the city and Mr. Fishman was apparently a newbie he was let go. I can't imagine why......
Next, Mr. Fishman tells Biker how no one will pay for an experienced forklift operator. He has 30+ years as a forklift operator and no one will pay him for his experience. As a matter of fact, he went to the local meat packing plant and applied to be a forklift operator. He even took the written test and passed. Then Mr. Plant Manager asked Mr. Fishman to get on the forklift and "show him what he's got". So Mr. Fishman obliges. After only a few moments on the forklift Mr. Plant Manager starts yelling at Mr. Fishman to get off the forklift, because (and this is a direct quote), "you just know too much, you're already fired". And Mr. Fishman SWEARS this has happened to him not only once...but TWICE. Yeah, ok......

There was also an almost altercation in the class that Biker was in, but that is a story for another time!

So as you can see, I have been super busy collecting great stories like this one to share with you all.

12 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

LOL...you know too much so your fired. So funny.

Your dancer looks pretty happy.

Gator World!! said...

Lol, that pic is from WAY back in the day. Notice the more 'sleekness' of Biker and also how he doesn't have his goatee just a mustache.

Flutterby said...

Hey I would SO pay good money to see Biker dance. I love the hair from the back but... can we see the front?

bebo_tech_unt said...

hey, when are you gonna tell the story of the moto-cross races, and the waitress from dennys??.....HAHA

Mrs.WeddingPlanner said...

seriously bebo tech ... that wasa FUNNY STORY!!!! Things will work out like I said and biker for the LOVE OF GOD KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON! hahah

Gator World!! said...

Yeah, my next post is going to be about motor-cross.

SpookyRach said...

Good luck, Biker! Dress for success - maybe Mr. Fishman can give ya some pointers.

Big Bad Biker Mexican said...

If I could only find me a salmon pink tux shirt with all kinds of stains on it ... and not take a bath forever, maybe just maybe!!!

Gator World!! said...

I will keep my eyes out for one. It probably won't be hard to find just any salmon pink tuxedo shirt, but one in your size is going to be a little bit more difficult. Hey I know...my Mom can sew you one.

Sarita said...

Hola Camille!!! I made it to your blog!!! I got the invite this morning and came right away to visit. Your hair looks great, change is good so be proud! :)
Thank you for tagging me, first time ever!!! I will do what I am supposed to do when I get back from work - I will try anyway, hehehe!
Will email you this evening, have a great day!
Sarita

Bunny Bunster said...

Oh my! I used to work at the Unemployment Office, I think I waited on Mr. Fishman more than once!!

Your hair looks really pretty and shiney.

Rachel said...

Its been forever for me too sunshine. But it does not diminish my love. Prayers and happy thoughts for some job love for you and yours. xoxo
p.s.-please let me know when you and momgator are ready for me to come and get some ink with you two.