Thursday, June 19, 2008

When in Doubt Do Research

Ok, well I have been a bit upset lately because everywhere you look there are babies. I love babies!!!!! But by a cruel twist of fate I may not be able to conceive. Turns out I have what they call Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Well Shoot! If they had let me in on this little secret when I was 19, I would not have been that upset. There seems to be something about if they tell you that you can't have something, then you just want it more.

So, I decided to do a little research. If college taught me anything, it's if you don't know about something then look it up. So, upon not being able to sleep again last night, I did a little research, laundry, and picked up the house. And when I say a little research I mean about 200 websites on this.

Here are a few fun facts for your viewing pleasure.
  1. They don't know what the cause of PCOS is.
  2. There is no cure for PCOS.
  3. People with PCOS have a higher rate of miscarriages in the first trimester.
  4. PCOS makes it where you don't absorb insulin like you are suppose to, kinda like diabetes but not. At least for that there is medicine.
  5. LOSE WEIGHT!!!! Every website said this. EVERY WEBSITE!!! I wanted to be like so....are you talking to me, or others. Lol. so, at 6:30 this morning I rolled my fat hinney out of bed, got ready(makeup, hair, dressed, and fed animals) and I am about to head off to the park in C-town to walk.
Now please understand that i know walking one day will not change anything. I get that. Tried that before. Lol. It didn't work. I don't know if anyone will remember the commercial that I am talking about, but its where the really big guy is in the gym, he weighs himself, then runs around the room, and jumps back on the scale. I think it was a credit commercial, but that big black fellow in the commercial is symbolic of me. So, here is the plan. I had time to think, you know because of that whole I am giving up sleeping thing.
  1. Exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes. Doesn't matter what kind of exercise, just exercise, I can commit to 30 minutes 3 times a week. Maybe we will pump it up more as time goes on...don't hold your breath.
  2. Cut back on refined foods, which aren't good for you anyways. I am not making any promises to cut these things out. That isn't going to happen.
  3. Put more veggies and fruit in my daily life. Not like "Hey Pineapple, what are you doing?" I mean in my food consumption category. We aren't calling it a diet. I say "Nay Nay" to diets.
So, today I am thankful for so many things....
  1. First, my fabulous new IPod. My baby brother gave it to me. Mom Gator gave it to him. She won it online. You see the chain here???
  2. Wonderful people that will listen to me be really angry on the phone, because stupid people call you and tell me stuff that makes me want to throw my shoe at their head.
  3. My awesome pool. If it would quit storming at night then I would swim more. I love the rain, but not the lightning if you are trying to swim....something about electricity...I don't know.
  4. Hilarious stuff on my new IPod.
  5. A super cool Jeep.
  6. Contacts.
  7. My house being clean.
  8. My Mom Gator getting her tooth fixed.
  9. You, I am thankful for you.
What are you thankful for today? Let me know. I love you all!!!

6 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

It is all going to be just fine. Trust me.

And if you cannot carry a baby you know I will go it for you.

And I have beautiful babies. *grins*

LOL...you are thankful for your new OLD IPod.

I am thankful for Tylenol 3 and for not having to use it anymore.

DogBlogger said...

I am thankful for work-from-home Fridays, and for no cavities at my checkup yesterday!

Gator World!! said...

i didn't day I couldn't carry a baby, it will just be extremely hard to conceive. But you know what Mama says...Biker is a young man, so he aught to be able to go all the time. I figure we will just practice for a while. Lol, I can't wait to tell Mama.

Bunny Bunster said...

I'm sorry you're having problem's, but I believe your mama would carry a baby for you!!
Good luck on the diet!!

I'm thankful for you and your mama!!

Gator World!! said...

Oh Bunny, I just love you so much. We are still praying for you. I know my Mom Gator would carry a baby for me, but I want to be able to do it myself. Plus i took my blood sugar level a little bit ago and OMG, it was high!!! So I have to do something. Well, I am off to swim in my fantastic pool.

The Horny Bitch said...

Gosh. Hope there are miracles. :)

Walk more. Eat less junk food?